Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why Should You 'Follow'?

Why should my friends, family and total strangers I don't know 'follow' our blog, sign up to 'follow by email' or bother commenting on our my posts? We'll in the words of my husband I'm an Attagirl girl.

Yep, I'm not too proud to admit it. I like Attagirls. I thrive on positive reinforcement and feel dejected and unworthy if I don't get my daily quota. My husband has learned over the years that a well timed, "Good job, babe" or "You got that done? You're awesome" will encourage more good behaviour plus it has an added bonus of an instant mood boost. Mine; not his. He has also learned that NO Attagirls will lead to a dark and unsightly place with no GPS.

This may be too much information into my psyche but, really, followers are great. What was the point in creating the blog to begin with? We created it to share our adoption experience, to chronical the journey, to educate others on the orphan crisis and, of course, to help us in part to fund the adoption costs. It's logical then, that the more people joining, engaging, asking questions, sharing ideas, and talking about our adoption, the more opportunity we'll have to accomplish our original goals.

Our followers are people who hopefully follow the blog on some type of regularity. But to guarentee you don't miss anything sign up to receive email alerts so when I post something new and wildly interesting you won't have to use your power of ESP to know I did it; somehow, you'll be sent the link to my latest post.

Comments could be another line of 'Attagirls' or it could be a useful tool for communicating like or differing points of view. You choose. I'll love 'em either way.

So that's my shameless plug. Thank you to the VERY lucky Original Twelve as I've taken to calling you. Well, one follower is me and the other is my husband so maybe I should change that to the Original Ten. Anyway, thank you to those who jumped on board while I'm still trying to figure it all out.

I'm challenging our readers to do all three today

1. Add your name to the Follow Our Blog section
2. Sign up to receive updates by adding your email to Follow By Email
3. Comment on this post